Business intelligence leader sees spike in customer adoption, satisfaction and speed to value
SAN FRANCISCO – October 2, 2014 – Today GoodData announced significant traction among Fortune 1000 enterprises since the beginning of 2014 with the addition of new customers from media, entertainment, retail, technology and more. Sophisticated use cases around social media, sales and marketing data sources continued to be the most popular. Also during this time, GoodData experienced a boost in customer adoption, data volumes and speed to value while maintaining outstanding customer satisfaction rates.
“As we announce our Series E funding round, we are continuing to grow aggressively and expect greater growth momentum through the rest of the year,” said GoodData Founder and CEO Roman Stanek. “Our focus is on providing the best possible experience for existing customers while attracting net new customers, especially enterprise clients. At the same time, we are investing heavily in platform innovations to promote more ease of use and time to value for our customers.”
Dramatic Customer Growth and Adoption
In 2014, GoodData gained further traction with enterprise customers, adding six Fortune 1000 companies including: Heartland Payment Systems, Hewlett Packard and Nordstrom, Inc. Other notable new customers include Atlassian, Spencer’s Gifts and Virgin America.
Independent software vendors (ISVs) have shown continued interest in using GoodData’s embedded analytics offering, Powered By, to create new revenue streams. Since the beginning of 2014, over 40 companies have launched new data products and brought them to market, including:
- CoPilot, Autopilot’s sales automation service launched in June
- Insights, Zendesk’s new advanced analytics offering launched in June
- EmeraldVision, EmeraldCube’s Business Intelligence solution built for JD Edwards
- ProView, ServiceChannel’s unified reporting platform for facilities management
Additionally, in the second quarter of 2014, the company closed its highest bookings quarter for the third time in a row while achieving a 98 percent customer satisfaction score. The growth and customer satisfaction validate GoodData’s investment in launching an agile data warehousing service that makes the company the only analytics vendor to offer a cloud-based, end-to-end solution.
GoodData also made a number of key executive hires in 2014, including:
- Pete Godbole, Chief Financial Officer, who joined in August from VMware
- Philip Carty, Chief Revenue Officer, who joined in July from MongoDB
Customer Adoption and Speed to Value
Customer adoption of GoodData’s cloud business intelligence platform has grown dramatically. Over the last year, GoodData’s user base has more than doubled, and the company’s net promoter score (NPS) is at an all-time high. Weekly data set uploads have more than doubled since the beginning of 2014. As of August 2014, GoodData customers are ingesting 2.4 million data uploads per week. Also in 2014, GoodData customers have created over 175 new unique metric use cases within the customizable analytics platform.
GoodData’s customers also experienced rapid time to value, with implementations completed ten times faster than traditional on-premise approaches. In the second quarter of 2014, for example, 67 percent of customer implementations were completed in under 16 weeks due to GoodData’s new agile delivery methodology.
Industry Awards and Recognition
GoodData was recognized as an industry leader for the strength of its end-to-end Cloud BI offering, investment in security, and company vision. Recent notable recognition includes:
- First place for cloud business intelligence functionality in the 2014 Wisdom of Crowds® Cloud Business Intelligence Market Study, Dresner Advisories
- Recognition as a Strong Performer in the The Forrester Wave: Agile Business Intelligence Platforms Q3 2014, Forrester Research
- Leader in 1H 2014 BI/Analytics Value Matrix by Nucleus Research
- Included in the OnDemand 100 Top Private Companies, AlwaysOn
- Included in the Hot 100: Best Privately Held Software Companies, JMP Securities
Also in 2014, GoodData’s customers were recognized by top tier press for success with GoodData’s cloud-based analytics:
- Virgin America on Forbes.com: All Herald The Rise Of Airline 2.0 -- GoodData Powers Virgin America To New Heights
- Millennial Media in Computerworld: Cloud BI: Going Where the Data Lives
- Bonobos in VentureBeat: 10 Ways to Use Your Data to Make More Money (Really)
GoodData is on a mission to break data silos. Flexible, open, secure, and scalable, GoodData’s leading data and analytics platform provides standardized metrics and real-time analytics across organizations and to their customers. To this day, GoodData has helped more than 140,000 of the world’s top businesses deliver on their analytics goals and scale their use cases — from self-service and embeddable analytics to machine learning and IoT.
GoodData is headquartered in San Francisco and is backed by Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst Partners, Intel Capital, TOTVS, and others. For more information, visit GoodData's website, and follow GoodData on LinkedIn, YouTube, Medium and Twitter.
Senior Director, Demand Generation