What do you mean by “workspace”?
A workspace consists of everything a user group needs to distill data into insights: data, the users with access, data model, metrics, calculations, and dashboards.
The workspace is defined by data privacy requirements and a user group's needs. What that means is that users from one workspace can't access data, dashboards, and insights from another workspace—unless you give them the right to do so. They also can view only the metrics, dashboards, and insights relevant to them, and no others. How you define your workspaces depends only on the needs of your organization.
For example, if you are a retailer, then it might be useful for you to create a workspace for each business partner or brand whose products you sell.
Most importantly, the structure of workspaces benefits you in two ways:
- It enables you to easily scale, distribute, and manage data, dashboards, and insights between different types of end users.
- You’re charged for a number of workspaces instead of a number of users. You can have as many as users you want without additional costs.
Workspaces represent a unique development structure, like no other, built and optimized by GoodData to facilitate efficient analytics scaling to organizations of any size.
What is embedded analytics?
An embedded analytics software/platform integrates dashboards, insights, its parts, or even the whole analytics tooling into your business application. In other words, while the data is managed by an analytics software/platform, the dashboards, visualizations, and reports are placed directly within the business application’s user interface.
What that means in practical terms is that you get dashboards and insights closer to your end users, who can explore those insights and dashboards more often as they do not need to learn how to use a foreign analytics platform. The end users only need to log into a business application that they already use.
Also, if your team is building a multitenant SaaS platform or application, you can employ a third-party embedded analytics software and use whitelabelling (i.e. branding) to save yourself time and resources. Instead of developing and maintaining a complex data analytics platform, you can focus on what you are best at: developing and selling your core products and services.
Typically, embedded analytics is essential to SaaS platforms, web portals, data products, and applications that cater to B2B customers, distributed internal teams, partners or customers, and tech consumer markets.
What happens if I choose this plan and hit the "Start for Free" button?
Signing up for the GoodData Free plan is a quick, three-step process.
1) Right after submitting your sign-up request, you'll get an automated email letting you know that we have received it.
2) Typically by the next business day, our team will provide you with information via email on how to set up a password so that you can activate your Free account.
Please note: For this special offer, we currently can support organizations headquartered in the US, Canada (excl. Quebec), and the EU. If your organization is headquartered in a different country, we kindly ask for your patience until the Free pricing plan is available in your region.
3) In the next 30 days, you will receive our service agreement to be signed online.
If you don't sign the agreement within the 30-day period, we will delete your account and all related data.
Is there any kind of commitment if I choose the Free pricing plan?
No, the Free pricing plan doesn't incur any hidden commitment on your side.
Can I upgrade my pricing plan to Growth or Enterprise?
You can always upgrade your plan to add more user groups, data volume or features. Since our plans are annual, it's not possible to downgrade before the original contract runs out.
How long does it take to transform my data into GoodData analytics dashboards?
Starting from two hours, depending on your skillset and the complexity of the dashboards you would like to create.
Can I import data from Excel?
Yes, you can get your data in by uploading files formatted as a CSV.
Can I use my own branding for the platform?
With white-labeling, included in the Growth and Enterprise plans, you can make our analytics platform look like your own; by applying your own branding, logos, colors and more.the Free plan we can provide a one month white-labeling trial on request. Please just contact our sales team.
Why should I choose GoodData analytics over other alternatives?
The GoodData one-to-many platform is unique in the market for specializing in two vital capabilities of modern and future-proof analytics:
- Efficient analytics scaling: Everything around the GoodData analytics platform is built to enable organizations to scale and manage their analytics efficiently in terms of cost and time. Our customers are therefore charged per workspace and not per user, and moreover, the structure of workspaces itself facilitates the control over hundreds of end users and dashboards.
- Embedded analytics: You’re able to integrate dashboards and insights into any business application that your end users (be it your teams, partners, or customers) like to use or that you would like them to use.
All this comes with interactive and attractive dashboards and a self-service interface where end users can create their own dashboards by simply dragging and dropping.
On top of that, the GoodData platform sits on structures that are able to crunch any volume of reports and data loads our customers request us to (just don’t be shy, just ask!). Lastly, when our customers’ data is not yet ready for scaling and big data analytics, our experienced data engineers step it up with their data transformation magic.
It's a powerful match for global, distributed organizations; ISVs (independent software vendors); and for SaaS applications that require embedding and scaling analytics, regardless of whether the analytics software is needed in the context of big data, business intelligence, or data visualization.