This documentation is for an older version of GoodData. Go to the latest version.
Work with Workspaces using API
Entity and Declarative Interface
There are two types of interfaces available, the main difference between Entity and Declarative Interface is their attitude to objects:
- Metadata Entity Interface allows accessing and managing objects one by one and can be retrieved in particular batches.
- Workspace Declarative Interface works with a model specified in an all-in-one document only.
Metadata API Interfaces
- Components of logical model can be:
- retrieved individually via Metadata Entity Interface
- managed all together via the Workspace Declarative Interface
- Components of analytical model can be:
- managed individually via Metadata Entity Interface
- managed all together via Workspace Declarative Interface
Create, update and get of objects is specific to model (layer) where the object belongs. For all details see Workspace Metadata Model API.
The API Protocol
The GoodData application uses the HTTP protocol and media type
application/json for communication with clients.