This documentation is for an older version of GoodData. Go to the latest version of this article.
You can start either with the cloud or cloud native version. It depends on your preferences and what you want to achieve. Both versions have the same feature set.
Please be aware that for the completion of tutorials, it is necessary to run GoodData either as GoodData Cloud or GoodData Cloud Native.
GoodData Cloud (hosted)
The easiest way to start is to visit gooddata.com/trial, where you can start with GoodData Cloud.
Use GoodData Cloud in case you are looking for a SaaS solution.
- All operation and maintenance task are handled by GoodData.
- The platform is always up-to date.
- GoodData offers tiers with guaranteed SLAs.
- You do not have k8s skillset in your team.
GoodData Cloud Native (self-hosted)
Use GoodData Cloud Native in case you want to run analytics inside your kubernetes infrastructure. You can get GoodData Cloud Native using the GoodData.CN Community Edition Docker image.
- Scale by your needs.
- You are responsible for operation, maintenance and SLA.
- GoodData provides updates regularly, but you control upgrades.
For more information how to start with Cloud Native, proceed with the article Use GoodData Cloud Native.