Written by Tomas Kratochvil |
GoodData was recently recognized as a Leader in the G2 Winter 2020 Grid for the top Embedded Business Intelligence Software products. G2 scores products and vendors based on reviews gathered from our user community, as well as data aggregated from online sources and social networks, and we’re delighted to see that partnering with GoodData has made such a difference for our customers.
Curious about embedded analytics? Have ambitious targets to meet in 2020? Or have your prior analytics efforts not gone as planned? Partnering with a leader in embedded BI can help you reach your business goals.
How can embedded BI move your business forward?
First, let’s take a second to focus on how embedded BI can make a difference for companies. Gartner found that more than a third of the organizations surveyed report that cloud investments are one of their top three investing priorities, and that the SaaS market is expected to grow from $94.8 billion in 2019 to $143.7 billion by 2022.
At the same time, we expect to see new emphasis placed on bringing analytics to everyone within a company, not just a small team of BI specialists. When data serves everyone, every single person in an organization has the right insights at the right time to help them make data-based decisions.
By embedding analytics into your SaaS product, you’ll be adding capabilities that will help you differentiate, empower you to close and retain more business, and position you as a leader. Transforming, enriching, and visualizing valuable data can also help you and your customers to deliver deeper insights into critical business issues while keeping the solution easy-to-use for everyone. These benefits translate into higher adoption rates as users take advantage of a solution that is specifically designed to solve their unique business problems.
Why should you partner with a leader in embedded BI?
We’ve established the benefits of embedded BI for SaaS products, so let’s take a look at why you’d want to partner with a leader instead of building it yourself. Typically, we find that things usually start off smoothly when companies try to build their own product. Simple data visualization use cases appear in every product roadmap early. Usually these reports are static, built with a visualization library on top of a production database. As long as customers only need a static number, you’re fine.
However, your customers needs change quickly, and the number of requests can grow exponentially. If your product is going to succeed, then you’ll need to build more capabilities into your product to handle situations like:
- Customers requiring insights at the point of work in their workflows
- Customers looking for alternatives to using Excel exports to perform analysis on their own
- Requests for customized reports for each team or department
- Customers wanting to manage access to specific reports
- Customers needing to comply with security standards to meet audit requirements
- Customers wanting to pull various data sources together
- Requests for different visualization types than the ones you have chosen for a report
While all this is happening, your small team of engineers has gone from developing a few simple reports to fielding thousands of requests. You’re close to hiring a completely new team of data engineers and visualization developers just to balance your operational needs and prevent customers from churning.
Sound familiar? It’s a scenario that most of our customers found themselves in before turning to GoodData. By partnering with a leader in embedded BI, you and your customers are able to:
- Deliver an entire analytics solution with an end-to-end platform with single service-level agreement and 24/7 support
- Create dashboards simply by dragging and dropping to discover insights
- Define advanced analytics use cases with the GoodData metric editor
- Bring dashboards into any web and mobile application with our easy-to-use UI SDK
- Integrate with cloud data warehouses or upload CSVs, or connect to 150+ data sources to create and customize the right data model
- Effortlessly make changes in dashboards from one central location
- Automate the management of user access and permissions
Ready to get started?
Does all of this sound great, but you’re not ready for a big analytics project yet? No problem. Get started with our free trial, to try it for yourself.
Written by Tomas Kratochvil |
Subscribe to our newsletter
Get your dose of interesting facts on analytics in your inbox every month.Subscribe